RJ Spagnols and Winexpert are the leading names in wine kit manufacturing. If you're number one then you expect to win big in wine making competitions and these two companies have won more than their share of medals.
RJ Spagnols wins an outstanding 374 medals at 2009 Winemaker International Amateur Wine Competition!
For a third year in a row, RJ Spagnols wins the most medals of any wine kit manufacturer at the Winemaker International Amateur Wine competition, the world’s largest amateur winemaking competition!
Some highlights include:
- Cellar Classic Winery Series California Cabernet Sauvignon - wins Best in Show kit!
- Cru Select Specialty White Chocolate White Port - wins Best in Show Dessert!
- En Primeur wins 67 Medals
- Hightail wins 26 Medals
- Cru Select wins 143 Medals
- Cellar Classic Winery Series wins 30 Medals
- Grand Cru International wins 18 Medals
- Orchard Breezin wins 37 Medals
- Vino Del Vida wins 11 Medals
RJ Spagnols takes great pride in sourcing the world’s best juices and concentrates for their wine kits and, for a third year in a row, it was recognized at the world’s largest amateur winemaking competition.
At the 2010 WineMaker International Amateur competition, held April 16-18, wines made with Winexpert brands were awarded a total of 244 medals.
Each year, winemakers throughout North America put their trust in Winexpert and enter wines made with their products, and each year those wines consistently receive amazing results in this competition across all of Winexpert brands; Limited Edition, Estate, International, Original, World Vineyard, Vintners Reserve, Spéciale and Island Mist– a testament to their winemaking ability and also to the award-winning quality that Winexpert wine kits produce.
Award-Winning Winemakers Choose Winexpert Brands
- A Winexpert Selection International Australian Shiraz took home this year’s Best of Show Red.
- Every Winexpert brand this year had more varieties win an award. In fact 97 different Winexpert products won an award this year, that’s 13 more than last year’s record of 84!
- Wines made with Selection Spéciale won an incredible 45 medals. Our Port, Cab Franc Icewine style, and Riesling Icewine style were once again gold medal winners for the third year in a row, as well both of the past Seasonal Release varieties, Chocolate Raspberry Port and Okanagan Peach Icewine were once again gold medal winners.
The results above reflect that of just one competition. Each year, wines made with Winexpert products win hundreds of medals at major amateur winemaking competitions held throughout North America.
For more information on this competition and a list of past winners please visit the winemakermag website.